People tend to ask me what business, leadership, self-help, and empowerment books I’ve read and like to re-read. I’ve shared lists of books that I’ve read over the years, but let’s focus on the core of building, healing, and empowering self. As you can’t lead others well if you can’t lead yourself, and you will suck at managing resources if you can’t master managing you.
So, in no particular order, let’s look at my list.
- The Bible by a lot of writers, most of whom never planned or expected their writings to be published (as most of us don’t write letters, for example, to later have published).
- Daring Greatly by Brene Brown
- Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck by Mark Manson
- You are a Badass by Jen Sincero
- The 48 Laws of Power by Robert Greene
- Who Moved My Cheese? by Spencer Johnson
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
- The 4-Hour Workweek by Timothy Ferriss
- The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle
- The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey
- Extreme Ownership by Jocko Willink and Leif Babin
- Dare to Lead by Brene Brown
- It Beats Eatin’ Lizards by Steve Woodsmall
- Believe Bigger: Discover the Path to Your Life Purpose by Marshawn Evans Daniels
- Grit: The Power of Passion and Perseverance by Angela Duckworth
- Rising Strong by Brene Brown
- Overcoming Hurts & Anger by Dwight Carlson, MD
And I do have to admit that my Seek Him books have been healing, uplifting, and empowering. So I will add them to the list:
- Seek Him, Volume 1: Testing Your Spiritual Comfort Zone by Natasha L. Foreman
- Seek Him, Volume 2: Going Beyond Your Spiritual Comfort Zone by Natasha L. Foreman
- Seek Him, Volume 3 — comes out this Summer and it’s also written by me 🙂
What About You?
Share some of your favorite reads.