I found this quote online and had to share it. I couldn’t selfishly keep it to myself. I know there’s countless females around the world who would also benefit from these words. The source of the quote is unknown, but that’s okay, because ultimately it comes from above and it’s filled with love!
As a woman, there’s a heavy burden placed upon us. Society has an image of us that they try to bind us to, and no matter how hard we resist their ‘box’, they still won’t stop trying to shove us in it. That’s why we can’t afford to slack off and be beaten down and broken. We must stand tall and speak clearly, unwavering and determined.
Today I dedicate this message to all of the young, maturing, and seasoned women in the world. To the princesses and to the queens, this message is for you. For the teenage girls entering womanhood, this message is for you.
This may be a “man’s world”, but women make it go ’round. Don’t you ever forget that. Don’t you ever buy the story being sold that would diminish your role and importance in this life. Don’t you ever drink the koolaid that would have you to believe that you are less than a man. God made women carriers of life for a reason.
Keep your head up, eyes focused, and heart warm. Your feet will follow. Stay centered on goodness and expect nothing but greatness.
That ceiling will come tumbling down. Those barriers will crash. Those limitations will grow smaller. Those “isms” will begin to lose their power and influence. We’ve come a long way. We’re not turning back or giving up. We can only be defeated when we surrender. We will NOT surrender!
I love you all!
This article hit my inbox and I felt moved to share it with others. It’s about love, real love, love beyond the physical, the love that can’t be bought. This article is about the love of a husband for his wife. Below I have included excerpts from Edward Lee’s post, What a Husband Loves About His Wife:
But the real lasting love we have for you as our wife comes from character and who you are on the inside (all of my Bible readers can look to 1 Peter 3:1-6):
1. Forgiveness. We love it when you forgive us. We all mess up, that’s male and female, but nothing is greater than knowing you have forgiven us for our mess ups. We “see” your love when you accept our apology and we can put it to rest.
2. Respect. Every man, at some point crosses the “I need to be respected” bridge. It is also true that every man defines respect differently. However you define it, let your wife know. Because it is an essential component of being a man. At its core, value the weight we bear. I know, you carry weight too, but for whatever reason, men see (my non-scientific opinion) respect as reciprocal.
3. Courtesy. We love to be asked to do something; it goes with knowing we are valued. But I don’t know any man that enjoys being told what to do. Please, Thank You, and Babe go along way.
4. Trust. Trust is hot. When you trust me and I trust you, what can come between us?
5. Openness. We love it when we don’t have to guess what is on your mind. Make us guess and we will get it wrong, tell us and we will know.
Read more here
Be sure to share your thoughts, and any changes or additions that you would make to the list!